WRIT340 Random Post #2: LA Restaurants
Los Angeles Restaraunts
My favorite restaurants in LA
Foodie
I love food but can’t cook
I love food. As someone who’s not the best cook, I’m incredibly grateful for the endless number of amazing restaurants in the greater Los Angeles area. The city's culinary diversity offers something for everyone, and while I'm always eager to explore new eateries, there are seven standout restaurants that keep calling me back.
The Restaurants
In no particular order
Nestled in the Pacific Palisades, Angelini Ristorante & Bar is a treasure of Italian cuisine, beloved by locals for its fresh pasta and cozy brunches. The restaurant's welcoming outdoor seating and abundant natural light create the perfect setting for a leisurely meal. Though I often intend to explore the menu, I find myself repeatedly drawn to the Tagliolini al Limone—a testament to simplicity perfected. If you're ever in Palisades Village, Angelini's is a must-visit.
Downtown LA houses this breakfast burrito hotspot, where I order from religiously three times a week. Their Steak burrito (minus the cheese) is a morning ritual for me, accompanied by their standout green dipping sauce. WAKE AND LATE also boasts commendable coffee and tea, including specialty drinks like dirty chai lattes and matcha.
If you love ramen as much as I do, Tsujita Artisan Noodle offers an unforgettable experience with its distinctive "dipping noodle" ramen. This Sawtelle gem serves cold noodles with a side of hot, thick broth for dipping. The Ajitama Tsukemen is my go-to, which I believe is worth the usual thirty minute wait.
Located parallel to the Beverly Canon Gardens, The Terrace at the Maybourne Hotel is a relaxing oasis for outdoor dining. Its peaceful ambiance during weekdays is perfect for breakfast, offering a refuge from the lively streets of Los Angeles. My favorites include the Eggs Benedict and the comprehensive Maybourne Breakfast.
In the heart of Koreatown, Hangari Kalguksu specializes in traditional Korean noodle soup but it's their Bibimbap that always draws me back. This colorful, sizzling hot stone dish is a flavorful testament to Korean culinary expertise. I personally love coming here for a late lunch, but most prefer coming for dinner due to the numerous late-night attractions in Ktown.
This family-owned cafe off of Sunset blvd is popular for its vibrant atmosphere, delicious menu items, and quick service. Whether you opt for the Dippin’ Waffles or the West Side Breakfast, paired with their exquisite coffee or smoothies, you're in for a treat. It’s no wonder that this cafe has been named West Hollywood’s “Best Cafe” by multiple local magazines and newspapers. The cafe is busy even on weekdays, but there is plenty of outdoor seating for you and your friends to catch up over brunch.
I saved the best for last: the restaurant at Chateau Marmont is truly one-of-a-kind. The hotel may feel haunted at night, but during the day Chateau Marmont transforms into a sun-soaked haven where Old Hollywood style meets contemporary comfort. This iconic landmark sits above Sunset Blvd, overlooking the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Renowned for its discreet charm and storied past, Chateau Marmont invites you to experience the best of Hollywood first-hand.
I personally love the Fluffy Pancakes, Omelet, and Char-Grilled Burger. The relaxing atmosphere paired with the delicious menu items keeps me coming back to Chateau Marmont time and time again.
Hi Pirooz,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post and am definitely going to keep your list in mind. Although I'm not the best cook either LA has an endless supply of culinary diversity which needs to be explored. I liked your descriptions of standout restaurants like Angelini Ristorante & Bar and Hangiri Kalguksu. These places seem really interesting to go to. Thanks for sharing your favorite food spots. Overall great post!
Hi PR, I love your recommendations of Tsujita since thats also one of my favorite restaurants as well. However, as someone lived in Koreatown for a long time, I have different opinions about Hangari since their food are kind of mild and tasteless for me, despite the fact this spot was super close to my apartment. I would like you to try louders at the Koreatown instead!
ReplyDeleteHi Pirooz,
ReplyDeleteI love all of these restaurant recs! Out of this list, I have only been to Tsujita Artisan Noodle but I might need to try the others you have listed. Wake and Late sounds really intriguing to me as I do love me a good breakfast burrito. My and my friend also regularly go to Urth Cafe and I love their huevos rancheros and their matcha there too!
Hi Pirooz, thank you for your post! I also really love Hangari in K-town, even though I do find their kimchi fried rice to be a little too salty at times. If you are open to exploring new places to eat, here are my favorites. 1) Great White. It is known for its brunch menu. The restaurant has a Bohemian style of decor that makes you feel like you are on vacation. Their breakfast burrito is also quite popular, but my favorite is their honey chili pizza. 2) Blueys. It is a California surfer themed brunch place, very stereotypically LA. My favorites from Blueys is their sweet squash pancake and horchata latte.
ReplyDeleteHi Pirooz, I really enjoyed reading your post! I can defiantly relate to not being a cook and I agree that we very lucky to be in area with so many great restaurants. I'm a big fan of Italian food so I'll have to check out Angelini Ristorante & Bar. Thank you for all of the recommendations!
ReplyDelete