1. Who You Are Matters (PR)

 


Hi, my name is Pirooz Romouzi. I'm a third-year student from Laguna Beach, California, currently living in Los Angeles. My goal is to pursue a career in Marketing here in Los Angeles. To achieve my goal, I plan to finish my degree at USC Marshall and secure a relevant internship experience in my field. 


Like my parents, I'm driven, optimistic, and generous but we differ in that they have more traditional judgements due to their upbringing outside of the states. Additionally, while I’ve lived in Orange County my whole life, they have lived in multiple countries: Iran, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc. Over the past few years, I’ve set high expectations for myself, which is a very significant change from my early years at the school I attended before high school. Back then, I was primarily driven by my family's expectations and the external pressure from my school. However, entering high school brought me tremendous independence and freedom, both from my new school and my parents, enabling me to develop my own ambitions and goals. This newfound independence brought its challenges, but I never gave up. Despite occasional procrastination that led to late nights and early mornings, I managed to hold myself accountable and succeed in both my coursework and extracurricular activities.


One of my most inspiring role models is a close friend from high school who, despite her young age, works in Venture Capital and holds a high position in another well-known company. Her humility, despite her achievements, is something I deeply admire, and her character reflects through her actions on a daily basis.. I aspire to attain similar success while maintaining a respectable character.


I feel a spiritual connection with the owl. Contrary to some beliefs that owls bring bad luck, I've always seen them as symbols of good fortune, and enjoy hearing them in nature. A significant childhood memory of mine involving nature is having a picnic under a large tree in Andorra with my family. 


My astrological sun sign is Capricorn, my moon sign is Pisces, and my rising sign is Virgo.


Comments

  1. Hi Pirooz! You’re such a motivated and driven individual, and I wish you luck in absolutely everything you’re up to. My friends also inspire me every single day, and I’m glad yours do as well. Owls are so incredibly fascinating, and I can definitely see why you feel a connection to them! Again, good luck with everything you're up to :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,
      I just finished reading your post! Thank you for your reply and I'm glad to hear your friends inspire you. Wishing you the best of luck with your endeavors as well.
      -PR

      Delete
  2. Hi Pirooz! You have lived such a fascinating life! I have also always felt that Owls are good luck and they are one of my favorite animals as well. You seem so driven and I am sure you are going to be extremely successful in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,
      Thank you for your reply! I just read your post and am happy to see you like owls and crows too. I feel as though Crows get a similar reputation as Owls, and some people are afraid of them, but for some reason I feel lucky when I see them. Wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavors as well.
      -PR

      Delete
  3. Hi Pirooz,
    Sounds like you have the drive to achieve your goals which is always great to hear. Its interesting you've lived in Iran, Germany, Italy and Switzerland. I am half German, and half Iranian and is dreaming to go to Iran. My question is how was it like in Iran and where did you live? I liked how your spiritual animal is an owl and how you use it as a symbol of good fortune. Owls are very interesting as they seem so mysterious yet wise which is a nice way to use them as a symbol of fortune. Great post and cant wait to see what you post next during the semester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aiden,
      While my parents have lived in Iran and Europe, I spent most of my life in Orange County, so I don't have the full perspective of what it is like to live Iran. However, I have traveled to Iran when I was younger and stayed in a house in Tehran. While I was there, I really enjoyed seeing the traditional Bazaar and markets, as well as historical sites like Persepolis. It's definitely very different from what I imagined. It's not a typical travel destination, but for me it was a very important experience as it helped me connect to my culture and meet some of my relatives who I would otherwise never have the opportunity to meet. I hope this sheds some light on life in Iran! Thank you for your reply and look forward to seeing your posts as well.
      -PR

      Delete
  4. Hi Pirooz, I felt so excited when reading that you want to focus on Marketing. I study design and am currently starting a minor in Marketing. Although we are only in week 2 I am eager to learn more about it. It was also very interesting to read about your spiritual connection with the owl. I didn't know owls were thought of bringing bad luck, I find them so beautiful and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello PR, I totally agree with your idea that people should never be super stressed about their life and also be affected by some excessive external factors. We should mainly focus on our current life and don't freak out by some potential risk might not even happen in the future. Owl is a cute animal with big eyes but what's funny is I would cry every time seeing an owl when I was very young, like before middle school since I am scared of their beaks might attack me aggressively!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WRIT340 World We Dare to Imagine #3